We were planning a trip up to Vancouver, BC, to attend an open house of the new LDS temple. And as I was making the arrangements, I was pretty excited that the dates corresponded well with the annual Skagit Valley Tulip festival. So, I talked Shawn into it, making excellent points that it was free, on the way, and a beautiful experience for our family to enjoy together. After all the "I'm going to pull this car over if you don't..." statements that make up what is known as "the family road trip" we arrive and there are no flowers. None. Zip. Zero. So, Shawn to make known how thrilled he is about this whole thing starts pointing out the dandelions. And the kids keep asking, "where are the flowers, mom!", "this is boring", and my favorite smart remark, "wow, dirt". There were supposed to be acres of tulips, daffodils, and Irises. Come to find out, the warm spring that we had enjoyed resulted in the tulips being harvested early.
My saving grace was that Roozenguard still had flowers, however, you had to pay to get in...#1 excellent point down the drain. So may I present the tulips, in all their glory!
Our tribute to uncle Talmage serving a mission in the Netherlands...we miss you!
2 comments:
Gorgeous pictures! Looks like you are doing very well :) We do miss you in Mi though. Pretty much I have one entire side of the family from Grondigen in the Netherlands, so if your brother ever serves in that area I would LOVE some pictures. Not sure if he's a good picture taker though :) Love - The paxtons
But you know.. it is those times your kids will always be able to look back on and laugh! I had a good laugh anyway.
Post a Comment