
On September 24th, I will be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, in an event that is very close to my heart, called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.
Why am I doing this? I walk to honor my grandmother and my aunt who have both recently fought breast cancer and been blessed to overcome it, for now. I walk to pay tribute to a close family friend who died recently of breast cancer leaving behind four orphaned sons because their dad died of cancer two years before. I walk because my heart tells me that I can do something, have an impact, and accomplish something that will be challenging but definitely worth the price!
The thing that has been the hardest for me is the fundraising. It is so uncomfortable to me to ask for donations, yet I know I have to raise the money in order to walk. The training is going great! The boys pile into the double stroller with snacks and a Nintendo DS and we are good to go! Thank you to all those who have supported me both financially and emotionally. I truly am blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment